News & Events
- Written by Lucia Raru
SKYLIGHT - General Manager
Tobacco Dock, historic London’s newest and fastest growing events venue, is looking to recruit a General Manager to lead operations and F&B management of their new public pop-up destination – Skylight.
The position reports to the Commercial Director.
Tobacco Dock hosts over 100 events per annum ranging from cocktail receptions to trade shows. Key clients include Taste Of Christmas, Wired magazine, BAFTA, Decanter, Haymarket, corporate clients from the automotive, financial, professional services, fashion and FMCG sectors and leading event production agencies.
Skylight is Tobacco Dock’s first self-produced public initiative turning three levels of our former car park and transforming them into London’s most imaginative new rooftop destination. In partnership with Interact Branding, Skylight will be a vibrant entertainment destination with fun activities, culinary experiences and cultural offerings – giving the public a new destination to visit in East London
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated General Manager to join this new seasonal pop-up F&B destination. As General Manager, you will oversee an extremely busy site, lead a dynamic team of bar and games operations staff, oversee the integration of street food traders and deliver on sales packages sold by the venues sales team. The General Manager will be expected to lead the bar teams ensuring the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction and achieving all commercial targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be the designated site supervisor for the venue
- To be responsible for the procurement of all bar supplies in a timely and cost-effective manner
- To maintain accurate stock movement records and ensure that regular stock-taking is undertaken and reports provided to the Commercial Director and Finance Department as required
- To recommend efficiencies and keep up to date on trends, practices, equipment and systems in the food and beverage industry
- To ensure good cellar management including, but not limited to, beer-line cleaning, safe gas and barrel storage, stock rotation, quality and wastage control
- To work with team to ensure that the bar is run effectively, applying consistent 'house style’ protocols, to ensure customer satisfaction from the public and corporate guests
- To oversee all third party traders and sponsors while on-site and ensure they are delivering on all agreements and working within all set operating parameters
- To work with automated tills setting up prices, products, users and reporting on stock, cashing up etc. liaising with the software provider and IT providers as required to maintain an efficient and effective operational system
- To adhere to licensing laws, health & safety regulations and encourage best practice in all areas of the operation
- To be fully aware of all health and safety protocols established by the venue and building site
- To liaise, when appropriate, with the landlord security and property management teams
Sales and Reporting
- To maximize the profit margin on all bar sales, working to agreed targets
Marketing and Sponsorship
- To develop and deliver marketing and sales promotions in conjunction with Interact Branding and the Tobacco Dock marketing team
- To ensure all sponsorship agreements are being properly and accurately delivered
Human Resources and Staffing
- To ensure that an appropriately staffed bar is provided for events, hires and other functions as required
- To be responsible for recruiting, training, managing and developing staff to ensure an efficient bar service is maintained as required
- To act as a key holder for the site with responsibility for opening and closing as required
- To undertake any other duties as required that are commensurate with the general level of responsibility for this post
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a similar venue
- Personal licence holder
- First Aid certification
- Available from May 2017 until 17 September 2017 – at minimum
There is opportunity for this to grow into a full-time role overseeing future iterations of Skylight and other F&B offerings within Tobacco Dock.
To apply for this position please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.
All applicants must have full UK working rights.
Applications close 17 May 2017
Salary: £35-41k pro rata according to experience + benefits
Latest News 100% fresh