We have a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Director of Food to join this established food retail concept with sites around the UK
The Director of food is responsible for the product range and the development and launch of all new products. Providing leadership for the Food and operations teams, this role takes a direct lead from and directly influences the Board and is instrumental in shaping the strategy and tactical execution of food development.
The right candidates will be a role-model, ensuring the very best brand standards of food for its customers and its people. The role manages and supports the Food Team to achieve high quality and to innovative food on a planned basis.
The Director of food will oversee the operations team in the planning, execution and management of the business strategy. Additionally, this role will engage with other functional heads and external suppliers in ensuring that the food development and launch plans are correctly managed.
We require a strategic thinker who will help take the businesses to the next level, increase the consistency and quality of the food offer whilst maximising Spend per head, ensuring the service and food offer are a step ahead of the competition at all times
- Oversee and develop the strategic direction of the product range to ensure that it exceeds the offering of its direct competitors in terms of range, innovation and quality within a competitive pricing framework
- Review existing and new product performance on a weekly and monthly basis based on GP ranking data and amend the range as appropriate
- Communicate, deliver and implement smooth product launches according to the yearly plan
- Create, communicate and deliver a well-thought-through, structured and realistic Food strategy
- Identify new product opportunities that deliver a financial upside to the business
- Analyse, interpret and communicate financial and commercial information on a regular basis to assist in the evaluation of product performance and possible improvement opportunities
- Maintain competitor awareness and communicate this to the Executive Team/Board as necessary
- Intentionally aim for the highest standards of product quality
- Support and drive launch of new products throughout the business and encourage retail teams to develop product knowledge
- Manage a team as efficiently and effectively as possible by always looking for simpler, smarter ways of doing things
- Lead, direct, organise and motivate the team responsible for food development, making sure that they are fairly recognised and rewarded
- Ensure that the team have every opportunity to learn, develop and progress providing appropriate and structure training in order that people are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform their roles with confidence and progress in their careers
- Plan and ensure that the team have the correct compliment and combination of skills
- Appraise and recognise the contribution from the food team at least on an annual basis and agree short term and long-term goals for each role that supports the business plan
- Constantly recognise and reward great performance, celebrate success and emphasise the personal touch to all you encounter
- Attend training courses/meetings when required
- Undertake such duties as may reasonably be required by the Managing Director/Board
This role will require extensive travel around the UK, you must have the right to work in the UK
Please apply today
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for the service sector. We currently have over 700 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, North America, South East Asia, Africa and Australia. To view other great opportunities please check out our website at www.corecruitment.com or call us on +44 207 790 2666 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
We give away fantastic prizes... every month!